Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle 8i JDBC Thin client configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS-IT--Management
Jul 11, 2002
AU
Hi everybody,

I Have oracle server installed in a Sun box. Its a N tier architecture and is accessed thru Web pages coded in Java - I'm rushing to the problem and not going thru the implementation desigh etc..

I have configured the database to be MTS. I'm using JDBC Thin client for accessing the database. After about 150 connections the users seems to be falling off and the database is not responding. I'm using a standard testing software to start of multiple connections.

What are the initialization parameters to be used with JDBC Thin client and MTS server. Where is the JDBC configuration done. It seems to me as though the client has no controll over the JDBC connections. I need to know if there is any special parameters I need to place in the Listner or any other place, if there is.

Thanks in anticipation of feedbacks

Regards

Do you close unused connnections? Do you use connection pooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back