Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle 8i database creation 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

coastie

Technical User
Mar 20, 2002
US
I am creating an Oracle 8.1.7 database on a Solaris 8 server. I am modifying Oracle 8.0.4 creation scripts. The scripts run fine and the database is created. The database shuts down normally. When I try to startup again, I am getting ORA-01078 failure in processing system parameters. I have linked the init.ora file in $ORACLE_HOME/dbs back to the pfile directory.

The oerr display for ORA-01078 says to find additional diagnostic information in the error stack. Any ideas? How do I access the error stack

Sometimes you don't get an error stack with this error. There is something wrong with your init parameters that you need to find. For example, does your init specify an ifile and is it present in the location specified? Is your link correctly defined, e.g. did you try starting with pfile=? Did you include a parameter that is no longer supported? Did you include a parameter that is not included in this instance ,e.g. parallel parameters. Is your SHARED_POOL_SIZE value larger than 299999. If set, do you have a valid value for LARGE_POOL_SIZE? Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back