Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle 8i Automated Installation 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

taco53

Technical User
Oct 19, 2000
US
Does Oracle 8.1.7 have any built in switches to record the client installation? I need to deploy the Oracle client to several hundered workstation and I would like to build an automated installation package for our end users.

I am doing the install on a Win95 pc.

Thanks for anyone's help.

hey,

not sure if this works on M$ but w/unix or linux OUI can be automated with a "response file" (see docs). if that doesn't work does your company have something like M$ SMS or Novell Application Launcher? haven't tried it w/Oracle but we had good luck using NAL to deploy other apps at a previous employer.

hope that helps!

Thanks for the tip, DBAwhosaysNIE. I may have occasion to use the response file deployment method in the near future. It appears to be available on Windows platforms, as well. There's documentation in the 8i installation guide, appendix C. See, for example technet.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle8i/doc_index.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back