Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle 8.1.6 Installation Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

anded

Technical User
Sep 7, 2001
GB
I am trying to install the oracle 8.1.6 Client onto a windows NT Laptop SP6a. The Oracle software seems to install okay, until it comes to running the easy connfiguration software. At this point it seems the installation process comes to an end. When i go to the ODBC driver int the control panel to use the oracle driver it is not there. Then when i go to deinstall oracle, the deinstall software tells me that there is no version fo oracle installed. I have been on to the web site and the only mention i could find told me to run the installation through reserved memory space, but this does not seem to work.
Has anybody else come across this problem and if so how did you get round it ??

what install option you select when you install O816 client?
DBA? Application user? developer?
seem ODBC is not include in the default option, and you should install the custom option.

When your install appears to hang, have you tried moving windows around? I have found that this is just about where Oracle puts up a dialog box BEHIND other windows and waits for you to enter a response. Since you don't see that dialog, you wind up waiting for the Installer to do something while it's waiting for YOU to do something! Eventually, you click cancel, which kills the dialog box so you NEVER see it! Cute feature!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back