Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ORACLE 10g-WINDOWS 7 Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

catjai

Programmer
Dec 11, 2009
IN
Hi

My database is Oracle 10g hosted in a RH Linux Server. I've installed 10g Client (Version 10.2.0.1.0 R2)on a Windows 7 Professional Machine. The test connection is successful. My Application (developed in PB 12.5) is connecting successfully with the DB Server.

Now the Issue.

When I log in as Administrator, all is well. ie. the app is connecting with the server, able to retrieve data from server etc.
But when logged in as standard user, the app is connecting to the server, but not able to fetch any data from the server. It is not even fetching the date from dual (date brought in as 01/01/1900).

I cannot provide administrative privilages to the user.

Do I have to enable any controls so that the standard user can access the DB and fetch records?

Thanks in Advance

when connected as a normal user can you use sqlplus to retrieve any data?
And can you try and setup a ODBC connection and use Excel for example to retrieve data?

If the above is unable to retrieve data it would look like permissions on the Oracle install folder.

If yes I would think that asking the makers of PB 12.5 should be the first course of action as it would seem the Oracle install is done correctly on its own - but it may be that for PB one of the extra components is required or that extra configuration on PB is needed.

Regards

Frederico Fonseca
SysSoft Integrated Ltd

FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

on windows 7 I would strongly suggest that you use the client version 10.2.0.5.0 especially if you have the 64 bit version. that is the version of the 10 client that oracle modified to be fully working on vista and windows 7 If you have the base installed, download the .5 patch to get it up to specifications.

Bill
Lead Application Developer
New York State, USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back