Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oracle 10g licensing

Status
Not open for further replies.

imapc

MIS
Sep 12, 2007
US
I have Oracle on my server now for a loan program we are running and it uses the Oracle. I am looking to put another application on the same server and it also requires Oracle. Am I able to run both of these applications with 1 Enterprise 10g license on that server.
Would I just create another DB for the new app? I hope this makes sense. Thanks for any help.

BW

BW,

Correct...You do not need to install another copy of Oracle 10g...you simply create another database instance on the same server. Both instances can run concurrently and have as many users/schemas as you need on either one.

Did this answer your question?

Also, have you considered creating the new application to run on the existing Oracle 10g database instance? Why do you feel that you need a second database for the new application?

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]

SantaMufasa,
That did answer my question, thank you, and I appreciate your response.
As far as your question, I was just assuming that we would need to use another DB. Come to find out this app will be creating smaller db's based on query's run against the current DB.
I am not our DB admin and not too familiar with DB's. I was checking out your website, maybe you could help.

BW

I'm always happy to help. [2thumbsup]

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back