Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ora 9i Database Fundamentals I book by Jason Couchman 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi to all,

I am planning to buy Oracle 9i database fundamentals I (1z0-031) by Jason Couchman. Could someone comment on this book? Is the book sufficient for preparation on the 1z0-031 exam?

Thank you very much.

I am finishing the last chapter right now. It is a pretty easy read and he presents the material well. I just finished Jason's SQL book and sat for the exam (89%-thank you). The questions on the test are the same as the ones in his exam software that comes with the book!
good luck
Chris

i have read all the books that come in the pack. I feel they are a very good book and would also suggest u buy.

However i dissagree that they are similar to exam, as the majority of the questions are by far of a higher standard.

I would say the books preper you for say 80-85% of the study material. The rest you must already know or get from somewhere else.

Myself... I got from the practice selftestsoftware exams.

Prime example when i did exam for the first time was the first couple of questions I had never even heard of and i knew for certain that they were not in the book.

Sy UK

Hi Rabrabbie:

Are you planning to buy Fundamentals-1 Exam Guide? Or is there a Study guide too by the same aurthor?

Regards,
Ria

It is an exam guide. I found the book's title "Oracle 9i database fundamentals I" at amazon.com.

Hi Rabrabbie:

Doesn't the book read "Oracle 9i database Fundamentals-1 EXAM GUIDE"? I wonder how much it costs you on amazon.com? Do you shop on amazon.com for books regularly? I haven't done so far? Is it reliable? Pls. give feedback.

Regards,
Ria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back