Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ORA-27101 and ORA-01034

Status
Not open for further replies.

spark94411

Technical User
Jun 27, 2001
US
Hi all

I have an oracle 8i database running on windows 2000 server box. I unistall pcanywhere, it ask me to reboot when the unistaller finish. The problem is that now I get this 2 error messeges when i try to start the database. I try to start the database from sqlplus and from server manager but I cant even connect to the instance. all i did was unistall pcanywhere and restarted the machine.

Hi,

This error may have nothing to to with shared memory.
When the systems checks for authentication while rebooting, some times there is a problem. I think if u comment out the SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES line in sqlnet.ora file it will help you.

thanks for your input Phokat. Try commenting this line in the sql.ora and it did not work. I discover that what cause the problem was that i join a domain. For test purposes i unjoin the domian and the DB is working again. I still would like to join this domain. do you or anyone nows why joining a domain would cause this problem?

What sort of authentication is Oracle using ? If you say that by disconnecting from the domain, you work fine, does that mean that your authentication is local, but by joining the network, which I assume issues a dynamic IP address via DHCP, your oracle authentication is somehow thrown into disarray ?

Did you have the same situation : works fine outside domain but does not in domain, before your program uninstall ? If not, then your program unistall does not have anything to do with it.

More likely, your Oracle authentication might have changed.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back