Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ORA-12519 error

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitz80

Technical User
Dec 11, 2003
GB
Hi,

I am currently experiencing problems with one of our 9i database instances running on unix. Users are being kicked out of any applications running on this database for periods of up to 10 minutes with the following error:

ORA-12519: TNS:no appropriate service handler found.

Connection comes back on its own. We have looked at the database and it is fine - it seems to be a network issue.

Any input would be appreciated.

I suggest that you read Metalink note 424566.995, which was posted by a user with a similar problem. He claims that investigation showed that disconnections from Oracle were not being passed immediately to the listener. This caused the listener to (incorrectly) think that Oracle had reached its session limit. He fixed the problem by increasing the value of the "processes" startup parameter. (He says that increasing the value of the "sessions" parameter also worked.) That doesn't prevent the listener from having an incorrect count of sessions, but it does get around the ORA-12519 error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back