Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ORA-01456 after upgrade to Oracle 9i release 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

fingal

MIS
Aug 22, 2002
IE
Hi there,

We are in the middle of upgrading from 8.0.3 to 9i release 2. All data and database objects have remained as before.

We have an application that uses ODBC to execute a stored procedure which does some inserts based on certain criteria.
The calling program has not changed as part of the upgrade but when we try to call the SP using Oracle ODBC Driver 9.02.00.03 and ODBC version 3.520.6526 on NT 4 (SP 6a) workstation we get the ORA-01456 error.

Does anyone have any opinions/resolutions ?

Many thanks,
Ian

I was given to understand by Oracle that you had to upgrade to 8.0.6 before upgrading to 9 - I've just found the reference - Note:159657.1 Complete Upgrade Checklist for Manual Upgrades from 8.X / 9.0.1 to Oracle9i (incl. 9.2) - see section 1

Alex

Alex,

When I say I've upgraded to 9i from 803 I didn't do a direct upgrade. I recreated the database/schema/users/permissions manually and then used export/import to move the actual data.

This I believe should not cause any problems in the upgrade
based on the method I've used.

Cheers,
Ian

I suppose that if you do not intentionally SET TRANSACTION READ ONLY, the problem may be in your DSN configuration, as the error means you're trying to update data in READ ONLY transaction. Regards, Dima

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

The DSN is not set to Read-only - there are a large
number of updates/inserts done via sql in this
application and all are successful - it is only when we call this stored procedure from the application that the problem presents itself.

Cheers,
Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back