Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ORA-01007 error

Status
Not open for further replies.

anuragvijay

Technical User
Jun 19, 2003
US
On running a session i'm getting the following error in the session log file :
"ORA-01007: variable not in select list"
The source is Oracle 9i. If the source query indicated in the session log is executed in sql plus, it executes successfully. However during session run the above error is given. The query is a user defined query involving mapping parameters. what is causing this error? any help would be appreciated.

I think u might have "generated" the sql query in SQ Qualifer or u must have overridden it at session level.
In the first case, re-generate the query. The likely cause is that u must be having, say, 10 fields coming out of SQ, so the generated query would have 10 fields. But later u might have added or deleted one or more links which cause the mismatch in the fields fetched and fields that actually move out of SQ.
In the second case, apply the same thought but u dont have liberty to regenerate query at session level, so u need to do some good-old copy-paste from mapping.

I am a bit high now but I hope i am clear...Hick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back