Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ORA-00907: missing right parenthesis

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 12, 2004
US
Using CR 8.5 and Oracle 8i

I'm creating a report that uses one view and one grouping. Everything works fine at this point. As soon as I hide or suppress the detail lines, I get the error:

Code:
ODBC error: [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-00907: missing right parenthesis

I can hide/suppress the details when there is no group on the report. This error has happened with each of the views I've tried today, and it does not matter what the group is. Any clue what's going on?

Thanks,
Dave

If you're going to use ODBC, use the Crystal supplied Oracle ODBC driver, not Oracles.

Better still you should use the Native Connectivity (under More Databases os some such in CR 8.5), it's much faster.

You might also make sure that your service packs are up to date:

-k

I've installed the latest service pack and hot fixes, and it still fails using either the CR Oracle8 driver or the Oracle ODBC Driver.

Then you'll have to share meaningful technical information.

Post the Database->Show SQL Query and the Report->Edit Selection formula->Record and Group

Post what is in the details, such as formulas, RTs and SQL Expressions.

Something is getting misinterpreted by the driver it seems, but it's hard to say without knowing the specifics.

-k

Hi,
If you are using a formula to control the supression,
you need to post that as well..

Have you tried a Native Oracle connection?

[profile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back