Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OPX line

Status
Not open for further replies.

mburdan1182002

Technical User
Aug 2, 2005
CN
I have a Norstar that has an OPX line from an Option 61c. about two months ago the OPX stopped ringing in on the norstar set. when somebody calls from the 61c via the OPX line, the set does not ring and no appearance is showing that a call is coming in

the OPX appears on x221, the prime set

I changed out the set, still same problem

I changed out the trunk module with a known good working one, still the same problem

do i need to look and see if the target line is still assigned to this set?

There is dial tone on the OPX, you can make calls from the Norstar to the 61c via the OPX, it just doesn't ring in

Have you checked for ring voltage at the d-mark?

I came to the same conculsion. the customer has a telelabs OPS loop extender and i am wondering if the port in which the OPX line is cross connected has gone defective.

thanks

well i hear there is a tool that works real well on that type of problem...called a butt set or a meter

LOL, those are pretty good ideas.

I get ring on the butt set before the loop extender but no ring after the loop extender. I have three other OPS line in the same loop extender, and those three are working perfectly. problem is, i am not familiar with this type of loop extender, the customer doesn't have the install manual or information on the loop extender, so, i am searching the net for any info on this loop extender...but if anyone here has info...could you point me in the right direction?

Tellabs 81-7002A Network Terminating Long Line (or dial long line)

I sent an email to tellabs off their website asking for info on this product, but they haven't responded yet

How long is the loop for the OPX line? You might try bypassing the Tellabs for that line as a temporary fix. If the OPX loop is short enough you may find you don't need the Tellabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back