Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opus 8 as a file manager?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocaire

Technical User
Oct 16, 2005
In all my years of computing, I've always found much better file managers than Windows Explorer. Too bad that MS kept it as such a minimal program.

In past years, PowerDesk and Filequest XP Gold did a reasonable job. But both are aging, and appear to be no longer supported. PowerDesk has been taken over by companies who just sell it, and appear to have no intention of ever really upgrading/updating it.

I was a lead Beta tester for Filequest XP gold, but they too appear to be too busy with other things to upgrade it, or even reply to e-mails anymore. And they have no phone contacts available.

Opus 8 seems to be a reasonable choice these days. Can anyone give me any words on it? And/or, are there any other really good choices out there?

I have downloaded the Opus 8 software, and the manual, and they do offer a 60 day trial. But before I install it, I'd like to hear what others think of it.

Bocaire

This thread had a run just recently, you might find parts of it relevant.

File Manager
thread1583-1344148

Thanks Linney.

I had already installed the trial version.

It is indeed a superb program. Filequest and PowerDesk have been acting crazy, there is no support, and they are both now history.

Bocaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back