Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Optivity Switch Manager Question about SNMPv1/2 and v3 *THX*

Status
Not open for further replies.

xyCruiseryx

Technical User
Oct 18, 2004
DE
Hello,

i need a tip.

The Optivity Switch Manager can manage devices about snmpv1/2 and snmpv3. I tried all version of snmp by a Passport 8600 and the system is runing.

But, when i configure one Network: Ip: 192.168.16.0/24 (by Optivity Switch Manager USM/Communities)
and i use two Passports 8600 (one Passport with SNMPv1/2 and one with SNMPv3)i cant configure this on one networkaddres in the OSM USM/communities table.
Is it possible, that the OSM can't work with both types of SNMP with the same networkadress?

Backround, we use a big network and i want configure snmpv3 on my 2 passports. Furthermore we have a lot of bay450 /5510 etc in our network. Now we use the OSM System to mange all devices in the network but when i configure snmpv3 on all Passports i can only mangage the passports about the OSM System with SNMPv3 or I can manage the Baystacks about snmv1/2 in the OSM System.

Is that right or is it a error by the configuration ?

Short conclusion :

SNMPv3 devices and SNMPv1/2 devices with the same network address 192.168.16.0/24 cant work with the OSM together.
When i use a other Networkadress for SNMPv3 devices i can configure it in the USM/Communities configuration table an i get no error from OSM.

Anybody a idea ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back