Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Optivity 10.1 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

netmanrick

Technical User
May 2, 2002
US
Has anyone loaded Optivity 10.1 yet? Rick Harris
SC Dept of Public Safety-DMV
Network Operations

Got the info from Nortel that 10.1 will be realeased in the beginning of the second quarter (which should be now?!). The release notes has been there for a while, but still haven't heard of anything released so far. I feel like a child waiting for x-mas ;)

I have it,just wanted to see if anyone had taken the plunge
yet

Rick Harris
Network Operations

We are on 10.0 and have 10.1. I am waiting to upgrade until I get some sort of patch for a DNS problem we are having with Optivity. We are running on Solaris 8.

Started using Optivity 10.1 on a testlab we have with ASN routers and Baystack hubs. Running great so far. Just trying to lock the aspect ratio of the background image to the custom view of the topology (in InfoCenter). I'm not sure if this feature is offered but it doesn't seem to be working. When I zoom, the topology zooms but the image doesn't. Let me know if any of you have seen this...

Thanks!
paklids

I finally installed 10.1. The uninstall for 10.0 was not pretty.I had to edit the registry to remove all references to Optivity 10.0,could not install 10.1 until this was done.
I had to do this on Optivity server and all the client machines.
The database files I saved during the 10.1 installation corrupted the Application launch folder(fortunately I had exported all the databases prior to starting this mess).
Definitely not the best release from Installation viewpoint.

Rick Harris
Network Operations

I have installed 10.1 on windows and solaris, and very thing is working fine. I have upgraded from 10.0 to 10.1

Latest I've heard is that since it's a "new" version number you cannot dl it as a patch. 10.1 is (supposed to be) released and I'm recieving it this week.

After I fixed the 10.0 uninstall problems;10.1 installed????? The database options did not appear to work correctly,but it came up with no errors.
Discovery did not complete.Appears to have the same problem(S) with an 8600 with many VLANs.
I have a open case with Nortel.Some people have the problem,others do not.

Rick Harris
Network Operations

I have installed 10.1 for testing purpose but didnt get the autotopology to work; no devices are discovered. With 9.x it worked. We have a 8600, some accellar and many 450´s.

Optivity 10.1 on Solaris. Installation problem.

I have installed Optivity NMS 10.1 on a Solaris 8 Ultra Sparc 60 workstation.
It doesn't work!
The installation of first 2 CDs (Oracle cd) were successfully installed.
The installation of third Cd appears successful.
When I dgt optstatus -fe command the system tell me that there are 16 server not running!!!
I've read release notes and installation guide and I've done the entire installation procedure.
I'd like to know if there is some procedures to do that don't appear in the documents.

Please help me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back