Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Options to connect 11C to an CS1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcdean

Technical User
Sep 20, 2005
US
I need help with a problem that was just placed on my lap...

Out main campus has an CS1000M at 4.5 release.

Our company just purchased a building 6 miles away that has an option 11C at 3.0 release.

What are my options to connect the option 11C to our CS1000M? Management would like to keep our current 4 digit dialing for internal numbers at our main campus and also the remote campus.

Thank you in advance.

KCDEAN

The most basic connection is simply a point to point T1 configured as TIE. Ideally, the 4 digit DN ranges do not overlap between sites. For example, it would be great if prime DNs at the main site are between 2000-3999 and the remote site are 4000-4999 (i.e. ranges don't overlap)

Then at each site, you create CDP steering codes. In the above example, the main site would have a steering code of "4" and the remote site would have steering codes of "2" and "3". The codes would point to a Route List that selected the TIE line and the call will ring the other site.

GHTROUT.com | FAQs | Recent Replies

after you add a pri between the two, normal would be to add dsc's to the 81.. pretty simple to network the two.. names and msg lamps will work across the pri

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back