Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Options for testing ARCserve 2K Backups

Status
Not open for further replies.

EBG510

Technical User
Feb 4, 2002
US
I'm looking for ways to test my backup strategy with live data. I want to make sure that what I'm doing is actually working. My boss has proposed setting up a test network with the same Backup software, do some backups and actually try to restore. I don't want to test in the actual environment just to be safe. If anyone knows of test utilities or other test options it would be much appreciated. I'm backing up a Win2K server and an Exchange2K server w/ARCserve2K and exchange agent. Want to double make sure I know what I'm doing in case of an emergency.

A test environment is a great idea, and to check restoring of brick level data you will have to recreate the exchange server exactly to the orginal including the organisation, site etc.... To restore bricks though remember that you must have created and initialised the mailbox before the restore.

good luck with this, and if you have the money, this is the best idea to go with.

g

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back