Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Optional Interface to Remote Host

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmills

IS-IT--Management
Apr 29, 2004
US
I need some help. We currently have a T1 from bellsouth. Our Firebox 1000 is configued in routed mode. Our Bellsouth T1 is connected to the external port. The trusted port is connected to our private network. Our Optional port is open.

We have just purchased a new T1 from New Vox. The T1 is NOT configured as Point to Point. It is simply ISP Frame Relay. The new T1 was purchased solely to connect to a database server at a remote location. I want users inside our private network to access the New Vox T1 only when they are hitting the remote database server. All the rest of the internet traffic should pass through the external port to the Bellsouth T1.

Can I add the new T1 to the optional port and set up a static route to the remote host? Would you assign an IP from the New Vox network block to the optional port?

Example:
External IP 65.82.47.130
Gateway 65.82.47.129

Trusted 192.168.0.1
Optional 69.38.125.177

Static Host Route
Host 216.33.126.84 (remote database server)
Gateway 69.38.125.182 (New Vox Router)

Thanks for any help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back