Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option61c Release 24 Meridan Mail should I upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

konechamp

IS-IT--Management
Apr 19, 2005
US
I currently have a 5 year old option61C with Meridian Mail. We are a hospital that mainly uses 2008, 2616, and analog lines and a few 3904's. Sales men keep telling me I need to upgrade, but I'm not having any problems now. Do I still need to spend the 20k+ to upgrade to succession 4.0 and Call Pilot? Thanks,

If you get a software issue in the future Nortel will only use patches that are already writen in the past.

So, if you want full support from nortel in times of trouble then you should upgrade your system.

I would also advise you to upgrade. In a hospital it takes lifes when there is no communication system.

GRTZ,
Jacco.

It would depend on what you want from your communications system. If you ever want to go to VOIP, or some of the newer advanced features, you will need to upgrade. On the other hand if everything is running fine and you feel that your current release meets your current and future needs stay where you are. For new 3904's you would need to upgrade. Another note Nortel has a program that after you upgrade to a current release, for a minimal charge, you will get free software upgrades, you still pay for hardware and labor.

i always try to have customers to keep a current upgrade. but it depends on what you want fromt he switch to do. unless you need features or tn's, stay on rls 24. bad thing is when you have to upgrade for any reason, and you get a price to go to rls 4 or 5, please make the call setting down

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Im with ace in this case...unless you have unwanted money laying around. It's nice to have the latest and greatest, but if it is reliable now.....well...

If you do consider the upgrade, then do a lot of homework first and get the biggest bang for your buck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back