Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option to schedule server reboot greyed out

Status
Not open for further replies.

edlcsre

MIS
May 9, 2002
GB
Hi all

Any thoughts on this.

I've inherited a base build being used to re-deploy a Windows and Citrix base build onto various servers, with applications then being deployed via Installation Manager. However, i've noticed that each time I use this image to re-build a server, I am unable to set up a reboot schedule, the option is simply greyed out. Its fine for the machines which haven't been re-imaged, so is definitely something to do with the base build, but i've no idea where to start trying to look to find out what could be causing this.

Anyone got any pointers as to what could be causing the problem here?

Its Windows Server 2003 with Citrix Presentation Server 4.5

I can get around the problem by using tsshutdn as a scheduled task on each machine, but thats not really very elegant and I'd much rather have this centrally managed, hence the need to try and find out why its not working!

Many thanks for any pointers!

I have this same issue and I discovered the answer. My whole farm is 4.5 RP01 but my core servers and a couple miscellaneous servers have RP05. The RP05 server are the only ones I can set the reboot schedule on.

This article outlines it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back