Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option to route calls when Broadcast ports are full?

Status
Not open for further replies.

81Cadmin

IS-IT--Management
Feb 19, 2007
CA
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if it's at all possible to script a treatment in the event a call attempts to play a broadcast message when "all access ports" are in use. I'm looking to possibly plan a RAN in this scenario, instead of having the calll receive dead air.

regards,
81Cadmin

If you have all ISDN channels busy your PBX could not play any message at all because there is no channel to comunicate. But anyway your telecom provider can set up IVR in that case and I remember that I exactly communicated with one telecom provider about similar case and it was extremely cheap.

If you are worried that all agents are busy - yes it is possible to script PBX behaviour which will handle that - see Scripting Guide for more details.

Actually this is not ISDN related rather the callpilot access ports being full. In the event Symposium attempts to play an access port (broadcast message) and all ports are full the caller receives dead air. My question was if there is an option for Symposium to determine if all access ports are full, then play use an alternate treatment such as an interellia RAN announcement?

If you are running into problems then i would look at how many broadcast ports you have and what you are broadcasting, a 10 second message or a 5 minute speech lol.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

The question isn't related to problems, instead I'm trying to plan around a problem of excessive calls. The question is whether a script can perform an alternate treatment (ie. GIVE RAN, or GIVE IVR) in the event all 6 access/broadcast ports are in use. I'm looking to avoid having callers receive dead air by diverting the call to a RAN when all access ports are in use.

Use the EVENT HANDLER something like this:
EVENT HANDLER
EVENT Broadcast Announcement Response Fail: GIVE RAN backup_ran_gv
END HANDLER

Like Martin said - check the scripting guide for details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back