Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option to Forward to Cell instead of VM 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kchan98

IS-IT--Management
May 21, 2009
CA
Is it possible to set up a line so the caller can press a button and reach the individual on another number (cell phone) instead of being directed to voice mail?

Thanks

Voice Mail Version: 1.5.32.01

I'm not sure what version of Call Pilot.

Norstar phones....

You can set it up that the user states in their greeting to leave a message after the tone or press 7 to reach me on my cell.

In F983/MBOX/CHG/XXX/Outdial set to Pool 1
In F981/XXXX/ Press 8 then 8 again to setup the cell number.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Thanks again Curly.

So I logged onto the user's phone, pressed 8 then 8 and set that up and it forwards to the cell phone directly instead of giving the option '7' for cell phone, or VM.

Further point that when it's activated it just rings and rings on his phone and doesn't forward. I doesn't go to voice mail either, just rings.

Anything I have to change in the admin end on the phone or in the computer Call Pilot Manager interface?

I got his voice mail back by changing the option in admin, Terminals and Setings, Show his set, then FORWARD ON NO ANSWER to 249 (general VM?).

and it forwards to the cell phone directly instead of giving the option '7' for cell phone, or VM.

Not sure I read that right because 8 and 8 is to setup the function but the caller must press 7 to to be redirected to the cell phone, I dont think it forwards automatic.

Yes, Desk phone should be set to FNA to voice mails DN (F985 to find out).
There you can also choose ring count.

Call comes in, at 4 rings caller gets users vmail, user states "leave me message or press 7 to reach me on cell".

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

That makes sense to me now, thanks.

So my steps:

1)Go to user's phone, login and setup redirection.
2)Ensure redirection is set to Y in administration

?)I tried to check FNA by going to Terminals and Sets, Capabilities but could not find CFNA per this post:
4)Then after I find it, I just set it to 4 rings, then have user rerecord his voice mail to ask all callers to press 7.

I see 'Fwd no answer>' when I enter capabilities.

After that it;s 'Fwd on busy...', 'DND on Busy:N', 'Handsfree:Auto', 'HF answerback:Y', 'Pickup grp:1', 'Page zone:1', 'Paging:Y', 'D-Dial:Set1', 'Priority call:N'...etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back