Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option for replacing the spine of a "Blend" is grayed out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingo0z

Technical User
Jan 4, 2011
US
Option for replacing the spine of a "Blend" is grayed out. If you have any ideas as to why, please share.

object/blend/replace spine

Please see attached example.

Thanks,
-Dan

...not downloaded the file as on an iPod here, but to replace a spline you need an existing blend created then a new separate path, select both the old blend and the new path (shift key to select both), then choose replace spline..

andrew

============
============

You are spot on. The disconnect here was that when I selected the "blended objects" and then tried to utilize the "blend options" I expected the "replace spine" option to be available. (using logic of course...my mistake) As you said, both the blend & the new spine must be selected when you click on "blend options".

Thank you,
-Dan

P.S.
Is there a more frequented forum for Illustrator users that you recommend? My post was a week ago. Thanks again for your reply, I still had not resolved it until then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back