Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option 81C, Rls 23

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS-IT--Management
Jul 26, 2004
US
Hi, I have Nortel Meridian Option 81C, Release 23 phone system. How to do system initialization? I wan to do System initialization because some time calls are droping.

Thanks,

A system INI should not be your first troubleshooting step.

Are calls being dropped by everyone or just a few select people?

Did you check in LD 60 for slips and errors?

If you do want to do an INI there is a simple button to push on the front of the processor INIT i think it is, been a while lol

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

John's advise to check you lines is the first place to start. ManInit clears counters and buffers only. If you are having external issues, it will come back once the error happens again. Look for the problem. If you don't find it, call your local vendor for additional support to get it fixed.

DocVic
Dedicated to Nortel Products till the end.
Need help? Call Me Now!

unlike microsoft, booting can cause way more problems then it solves. worth case is the switch does not come up/ in 30 plus years working nortel, i've ini'ed to clear a problem twice.. it didn't help either time

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back