Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option 61c IP address Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldTraveller

IS-IT--Management
Feb 3, 2003
US
I changed the IP address in an Option 61c.

I was then able to use MAT to access the switch (with the new IP).

When I did an SCPU in LD135 I was no longer able to talk to the switch via MAT.

I verified the programmed IP address in LD117 PRT ELNK and it was set for the new address.

I talked to my internetworking guy and he informed me that the ethernet ip appeared to still be the old IP address (he got this info from the router).

I tried another SCPU and the IP still remained the old address (even thought the switch reported it was using the new ip).

Any idea how I can get the switch to use the proper IP? (Hopefully without performing a sysload)

Is this system running through you LAN for system access, or are you direct connecting to the ELAN link?
If it is in you LAN, are you using a bridge, router, or a PC running a routing table?

If you hve dual CPU's you need two IP Address's one for each CORE

This is for the cores not an ITG card so it has nothing to do with the ELAN. The PBX is hooked up to an ethernet switch (Cisco Catalyst)

I do have two IP addresses, but the primary IP is used for whichever core is active.

At this point I believe a hard boot of the whole system will correct the problem....but this isn't going to happen any time in the near future.

OK, Lets see here! When you changed the IP, you had to do a couple of steps.

1) disable elnk in ld 137
2) create new hosts in ld 117
new host PRIMARY_IP 192.168.10.2
new host SECONDARY_IP 192.168.10.3
3) now you have to change the actice and inactive hosts
in ld 117 still
chg elnk active PRIMARY_IP
should return to prompt
chg elnk inactive SECONDARY_IP
now prt and stat the host table in ld 117 to make sure the change took. if all looks good then follow next step.

in ld 117 still

stat m (prints subnet mask) make sure it is correct. If not then use the " chg mask xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" command. then stat to make sure.

Now make sure your routing table is correct.
still in ld 117
stat r (tells you what route/s are in use)
prt r (tells what routes are built but may not be active)
You should see next to each active route an ID number. Too change your routing table you need to do this. Lets give you and example: Lets say your existing route was something like this

1 10.10.10.0 10.10.10.1 (this si saying anything on 10 net is routed to 10.10.10.1)

Now your new gateway is 192.168.10.1. I would do this.

1)disable route 1 ( dis r 1 in ld 117, since this is the route ID for your old route )
2)create new route (new route 0.0.0.0 192.168.10.1)This will let you route to any network not just the 10 net.
3)now update the database ( update dbs )
4)goto ld 137 and enl elnk
5)go back to ld 117 and prt r, this will let you know what ID your new route is. Now invoke the new route (enl r x= the ID number for your new route)

The Meridian is a strange animal. As in it does not like more than 1 routing entry (although it allows it). Here is something to consider. Make sure that your PBX is not connected to your LAN with a HUB. The Meridian is very sensitive to traffic, if it picks up too much traffic IT WILL INI YOUR SYSTEM. You should always use either a switch or router port. So that your PBX does not see all the broadcast messages on your LAN. Good Luck

Thanks for the help.

I didn't know that you had to disable and reenable the elnk and I didn't know about the routing info.

Thanks

I just read this for some reason and I said HIB but I meant Switch/Router. Honestly!!! MY BAD, LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back