Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OPTION 61 (CPIV) card has no power indicators system died

Status
Not open for further replies.

joezzz

Technical User
Feb 9, 2007
DM
Hi all , we got an option 61 M ,recently(4 months) upgraded to 6.0 .....suddenly earlier today we had some issues with the system where all the phones and services went down...The power was turned off for a few minutes then turned back on...THE CPIV cards are not powereing up at all(no power led's on...red nor green).Have anyone seen anything like this before..what could have possibly went wrong?

please help

joezzz

So, you have a dead system, right now? I would be toggling the power for that column if both cores are in one column.

If the cores are in different columns, I would pull the master switch and power cycle whole dang thing.

If you do this, I will send waves of "run" towards you. You'll see...the system will come up. Trust in my powers.

--
Nortel Resources at GHTROUT.com
--

I would concur with GHTROUT.

Its likely that there are NO leds on the shelf.... remembering that it will be a combined CPU/Network shelf.

As a piece of cold comfort..... its already dead.... how much deader can you make it??? Check the baxk of the colums CCT breakers, and the feeds from your power distribution.... and a full Zero Current Reset

Good Luck

we power cycled the system 4 times ....is that enough???....absolutely no LEDS came on on the CPIV cards when we power up the systems....does this look like the CPU's are gone?

please help

It could well be initially two things, as suggested by DFK/GHTrout check your 'Column' breakers are powered on 'UP' BLO/CPO/CP1 etc bottom/back or your CE (Common Equipment Power Pack) has a problem and needs replacing but thats for all your CE/Network Shelf

Cheers!!

are there IPEs on top of your CPUs? Are they powered on? CE power supplies ar crap and sometimes dont come back on. Hae you replaced the power supplies? Checked the breakers in the pedestal? Is it an AC or DC system?

Thanks,

Buddy

Linked in Profile

DC SYSTEM....ALL THE NECESSARY VOLTAGES ARE THERE ....STILL NO INDICATORS ON THE CPU CARD...

YEP....BOTH ARE LIFELESS ...NO LED'S ON

If you've done all that was posted here, you need a higher power...one with parts on hand. Find all your install media, so you're not looking for it at the last minute.

--
Nortel Resources at GHTROUT.com
--

i have faced the same problem on 2 new CPIVs and in the end after 10 to 15 times taking the cards out and plugging them and shutting down the power and up again the cards came up. i think it's an issue in the new CPIV cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back