Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option 11e - asterisks for pauses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smiom

Technical User
Sep 13, 2004
An engineer is trying to use an asterisk or multiple asterisks to create a pause after a UK 0800 nnn nnnn prefix before the ultimate number is dialled, but a pause does not appear to be created. The Nortle manual says to use an asterisk. Does this programming function work? Does something else have to be anabled for it to work or should a different symbol or technique be used?

We can manaully dial the 0800 number and wait for the dialling tone (approx 1 sec) and then dial the ultimate number, but we want the system to insert the 11 digit prefix automatically.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ste
UK

the pause can not be used after dialing ac1 or ac 2...can be used after a acod but , works in the states for a 2 second pause

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Also, if the terminating end is a Nortel PRA, once the call is answered by whatever it is your using, eg disa etc, the M1 won't process any further digits. You will gat an error message stating it received further digits but didn't do any thing with them.

correct, digits not allowed after answer supervision...if you dial ac 1 or 2 to make the call, you can pause and enter number when using an acod.. my paging does that, dials the acod, pauses 2 then dials a 2 digit zone.. user hears a remote valcomn dialtone, then the two digits

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I passed on your suggestions to the engineer and this is what he said after he tried it:

"To try and get round the problem with inserting a pause when dialling out, I did the following.

I changed AC1 to 6 rather than 9
I created a DSC of 9 and pointed it at a new RLI
I set up a new DMI to delete the 9 and insert 0800nnnnnnn (n = relevant digits)
First of all I also included an * (asterisk) after the 0800 number to create a pause
After testing I found that the * was sent to line which resulted in NU (number not recognised)
If the * was removed and dial tone waited for after the 0800 number had called our switch, then the call could be successfully established
However, it seems that after the 0800 call was completed, a featurephone would not display subsequent dialled digits".

So we dial the 9 prefix, wait a second for the dial tone and then dial the number we want and it connects. However, the display on our phones only shows the 9 prefix and the remaining digits do not appear. If we can get it to show all the digits we will be happy. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Ste

that works because your not dialing ac1 directly, a smart work around, i have solved the request by having the user dial the actual acod.. i can't burn a single digit in my number plan.. we are running all 434 xxxx numbers as did's

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

To John Poole

Thanks for your help, but do you know any way to get the full dialled number to display on the user phones?

eg. 901624 123456 rather than just 9

Ste
Isle of Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back