Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option 11c was on copper from the CO and working. CO is now supplying fiber and wont work? Signaling

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechNewbie1000

Technical User
Jun 17, 2017
US
Hi my name i am telephone/digital technician and my o my do people ask/force to try troubleshoot horrible problems all day. I have and need help in regards to trying ot troubleshoot a PBX on our side that wont talk with the CO's new fiber run they gave us. Apparently it was copper feed before and worked well its just the cable is damaged now and they are giving us fiber. I will be there on the job next week so haven't seen it yet. i assume its single mode fiber coming in and then its going through a transceiver to copper and to the pbx. The pbx and home phone office phone system is a single option !!c and past techs have reached out to the CO and the tried to trouble shoot signalling as the problem.

Could you recommend any steps to take ? anything would be so so so helpful and ill glady share your site with my legion of tech buddies.

The CO officee is in Pakistan and we have no idea what equipment the are using. Going there and finding out doesnt look likely.

Thanks in advance.

Prior Navy. Hoorah!

If your telephone line supplier has changed the type of lines that now connect onto the PABX system, then the chances are that the phone systems trunk card could need altering or the hardware replacing with one that is compatible.

However, if the phone line supplier has provided a converter to allow the trunks to still be connected as analogue, then they will still need to be sure that the programming was done in the same format as before as there are many varibles to consider.

Pulse or Tone diallling.

Loop or Earth (Ground start) calling

The polarity of the analogue line termination for each trunk

There really wouldn't normally be a need to change the programming on the PABX unless the line supplier hasn't set the new lines as before.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

If you are just talking about how the carrier gets it to you (Transmission) then it shouldn't really alter the termination to you, I would not expect any carrier work to alter their demarcation point.

I'm with Bignose. If the Carrier changed their transport, it should not impact you. You should only be impacted if your interface to the new service changed.

If they are coming to you on fiber, what premise equipment did they change on your side, or do you still connect to the same equipment?

John Anaya
Amdocs Inc.
ACSS/ACIS - CS1000 Rls 7.5/Call Pilot 5
ACSS/ACIS - SME - IP Office 8.0
APSS/APDS - Avaya UC Services

Public Profile

They need to check at the demarc. If they can use a telephone or butt set and pull dial tone the line is loop start. It should be ground start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back