Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option 11c Time/Date sync w/ OTM

Status
Not open for further replies.

swankman

MIS
Jan 8, 2003
CA
Has anyone come up with a script that syncs the time on the M1 11c with the Network time server through OTM? It seems that its possible.

Swank

How do you come to that conclusion???

I did write my own scripts for an terminal emulation called ZOC. This has an inbuild program language (rexx). The host PC will be syncronised against stratum clock sources in the net. The script will be started on a daily base via the MS scheduler.

As a result of that I have 99.999% correct time on all of my systems.

if you can run procom in the back ground and use vertial term, i have a script that sync's switch to the pc it's on. i have it linked to my log in shortcut, so each time i log in the switch is time adjusted to the micro second, 10 times a day.. with network time sync all other switches on the network sync off of my 81c

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

OK, that sounds good. John, I found your script using procomm in another thread, so thank you. But theres just one question left. How does procomm connect? Am I running it on the OTM machine and connecting through telnet or is it a direct connection through the serial cable?

The reason I ask is, OTM can connect through VT220 and I can get a login but If I try the same thing with Procomm I get a connection refused. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back