Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option 11C Power down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harley01

IS-IT--Management
Aug 10, 2006
US
Is there a graceful way of bringing down an Option 11C or is cutting the power the only way?

Thanks, Steve

Well,

If you have VM you could gracefully shutdown that.
Then disable your T-1s or PRIs if you have them. Then flip the breaker

cutting the power is a hard reboot.

you could also try an INI. just push the MAN INI button on the SCC card. Note 3 INI's in a row causes a SYSLOAD which is another hard reboot.

INI basically reloads all programming and during the reload nobody can draw dial tone, however calls that are already in progress remain up.

INI also finishes usually in less that a minute
SYSLOAD (REBOOT) can take much longer.

Harley01 wasn't asking how to reload but to bring it down.

Cutting the power is a hard reboot when you bring it back up. But he wanted to know about a graceful shut down. And there really isn't. You won't hurt your PRIs if you don't disable them but the VM should be brought down gracefully which there is a sequence for that

The only thing to do for a graceful shut down is to first disable all trunks (LD 60) nand links (LD 48). Then power down.

I think the most important thing to do is a backup before shutting down.
>LD 43
>EDD

If you have voice mail do a courtesy channel shutdown. If it is Call Pilot do a normal shut down of the server. Disable your T-1's/PRI's if you want, then flip the breaker off.

unless of course there is bad information that you don't want saved off. There were plenty of times that I I had errors I wanted to get rid of and didn't want saved off only to come back after the reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back