Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option 11C Password Bypass

Status
Not open for further replies.

PTC1

Technical User
Jul 11, 2003
US
I have an older 11c (Rls 24.xx) in our lab (not under maint.) that we've forgotten the password to. Can anyone help me remember the procedure utilizing the SSC dip switches to bypass current password? I'm not concerned with current database. Thanks

Rls 24 use PDT to find password - you have to go back to Rls 18 to require dip switch settings

Not familiar with using PDT and I don't have the PDT password. Is their a default password associated with security device?

if you not concerned with the database, do a new install.. that will default the password to either 0000 or the sid.. the only backdoor is pdt

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I’ve forgotten the details, but I was sure I was able to access a Rls 24 11c using the SSC’s baud dip switch and possibly entering some format of the date.

no sir, the backdoor is not that simple, i heard that rumor when the 11 1st came out, but have never met anyone that has used it

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks for the responses! I'll try the "new install".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back