Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option 11C mini PBX - Expansion Cabinet rebuilding issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

SIO3

MIS
Nov 14, 2007
NG
Hello All,
Please I need your help to rebuild one of the existing Expansion cabinets of a Option 11C mini installation,

Suddenly the Expansion cabinet could not bootup fully. Its keeps repeating power up test - power cycling...

This is what I have done,
1) I got a 128MB PCMCIA card from the open market, formatted using CardPro V7 and load the OS (ap-emea_S450W_r19)into it.
2) I inserted the Loaded PCMCIA card in slot A
3) I did CTL+I at boot-up but the boot cycle keeps repeating.

Please how do I re-install the OS?

Help! Help!! Help!!!

See image below.

Nortel_PBX_Boot_Error_v2_lx2vtn.jpg

Please,

Hello Guys,
Please I nee your help here.

I got yet another PCMCIA card and put the software in it, yet still repeating the booting sequence.

Please, what do I need to do differently?

Here is the card am using
Flash_Disk_128MB_cd8uqa.jpg

@Firebird Scrambler, I want to rebulid one of the two expansion cabinets using the Media card option. The Main Cabinet and one other expansion cabinet are up and running.

Have you checked that the files have unpacked correctly?. I can see that the system reconises the card, but I've known this to still be misleading and usually only SanDisk cards are of any use. 128 megs is OK.
My advice is to do a "Ctrl" "b" to boot the expansion cabinet into FBUG mode and run a production test that takes around 20 minutes to complete. The guide that I have written and attached is very old, but most of the steps are the same.

This will format the daughterboard and make it easier to reload the software again.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

@Firebird Scrambler,
Thank you for your response and attempts to help me resolve my issue.

I have done the FBUG again and, still, got the same... "Attempt to run from Diskos: MIB invalid"

What is this MIB?

Do you think the cards is an issue?

Okay. An particular brand you will recommend? especially a brand that you have used and that worked very well.

I think I mentioned above using "SanDisk". I have a mixture of cards and some are PCMCIA from 48 to 128 megs and also using a PCMCIA card adapter with a Compact Flash card up to 128 megs for an Option 11c type system.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

...any particular brand of PCMCIA Card you will like to recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back