Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option 11c maintenance in NW Chicago Suburbs (prefer a smaller support company)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericscampbell

IS-IT--Management
Jul 6, 2004
US

I'm looking for recommendations for a good support/maintenance company (or solo guru) who knows his option 11 & knows how to inspire confidence in his customers. Bonus points for Call Pilot gurus.

Here's a gross over simplification:
BAD Technician: "Nortel no longer supports that."
GOOD Technician: "Nortel no longer supports that, but you don't need to worry because I've seen it before and there are several ways I can fix, work around, gray market, etc to solve the problem."

Current problem: occasional one-way voice drop-out that can affect any phone on any card. I'm guessing that leads to the SSC but that's currently a bit over my head.

Why a smaller company?
I'd prefer a smaller group as they often seem more flexible and I'd rather see the same tech every time as he'll know our system's ins & outs. We're currently with AT&T's premise equipment division and while their techs are often quite good, I feel like an installation our size tends to get lost in the shuffle & an organization AT&T's size forces their techs to be a bit more rigid in their approach to problems.

Can't help you with the support question but for the one-way voice drop out, I would initially suspect a trunk issue, not SSC. You might want to elaborate on the problem and provide your trunking setup. You might get some good ideas from this forum while you look for a maintenance provider.

I've considered going that route (and I still may depending on my ability to find a support tech). I didn't want to hijack this topic though so I'll collect some info and post in a separate topic.

FYI: I think it's a hardware issue as putting a call on hold & then pulling it back clears the problem. I haven't actually checked but I don't think a D-channel (or anything else outside the hardware) notices when a call is put on hold & brought back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back