Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option 11C ISDN Phone Move and Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cthulu201

Systems Engineer
Oct 29, 2021
CA
Hi, I know enough to break things.

I have 2 8 port ISDN cards, and all ISDN ports are in use. I need to remap 3 numbers. I was using ld 11 per a few threads here, and on a few sites. However, I don't know what the TYPE: is. I tried using 2616 per one site, but the TN (10 02 or 10 2) didn't work. It just kept showing TN: after an sch error. I stat the TN/DN and it shows either a type of BRI or DSL, which aren't options for TYPE: when I use ? in ld 11.

Also, can I use a phantom temporarily to help move, since all of the ports are in use?

Eventually we're going to replace it with an Avaya Aura. Any thoughts and suggestions?

Any thoughts or help is greatly appreciated.

BRI is configured in LD 27. Both DSL and TSP parameters are required. You need to be careful if you are changing things. BRI can be finicky.
Are you really sure they are being used? Pretty old-school.

REQ prt
TYPE dsl

REQ prt
TYPE tsp

Mike's PBX Cookbook has some info on BRI that may be helpful.

Thanks for the reply.

Mike's PBX Cookbook is awesome. Just so I'm focused in the right direction, I'll have to reconfigure the BRI update DN/associated phone numbers (musical phones)?

Yes, 16 STEs and 2 8 port SILC cards, although ld 27 shows:
Code:
BRI DSL: 134    USED: 16    TOT: 150

I was hoping it was as easy as moving to an unused TN and then to new number like our old Avaya PBX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back