Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option 11C CDR cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

1000M

Technical User
Mar 17, 2005
US
Can anyone tell me what cable I need to connect from the Option 11C cabinet to my buffer box? I know it's a 9 pin connector on the buffer box side but what is it on the PBX side a 25 pin male/female?

All the necessary cables should have been provided with the Switch. Its the same type a cable you use to connect your TTY devices (TTY Terminal or PC via COM Port). It should already be connected to the switch lying idle in your Main Cabinet. Check to make sure the cable isnt already there.

You may be right, there is a cable wiothin the cabinet I'll have to go make a trip there...thanks.

the cdr connects the the octupus cable. one of those is male the other 2 are female.. so gender can depend on the port you use. if i was still in the switch room i would need. if you order a usrobitics, with the cables, you'll have the right cable.. the opt 11 does not ship with that cable, since nortel doesn't decide what your going to connect to the ports.. but that is subject to change,i haven't installed one in a couple of years

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back