Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option 11C Backup Message 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehidal1

IS-IT--Management
Oct 26, 2004
US
When I do a LD 43 .dat, I get the dates showing that it backed up to the main, secondary, and intbackup. However, on the PCMCIA is says database not accessible and it says current backup is on PCMCIA drive B, which is where the card is. Any ideas as to what this error means? Is the PCMCIA card bad? Thanks in advance- Eric

only time i've seen that error my PCMCIA was bad.. major problem if your doing an upgrade.. either way i perfer to keep a spare... after almost 40 years in telcom i've been burned enough times to take a few extra precautions..

i schedule my 81 to edd 7 times a week, then i manually edd it 10 more times on 10 disk... (2 per day)... over kill.. one tape perday for the cp, and a weekly full to a share drive.. all other apps backup to the pcmcia after any change.. (miran, mica, etc)

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

After reseating go to ld 43 and do another EDD before trying to find the dates.

I reseated the card and did a .dat, and it still came up with PCMCIA database not accessible.

After the .dat list, it shows and EDD000, then below it has:
TEMU020 Errno 0x380003: Failure opening file b:/u/db/config.rec

Does this look like a bad card to you guys? What might be my next step?
I really appreciate everyone's input and responses. Thanks again.

ehidal1...what slot are you putting the pcmcia card
in the first or second slot?and what release are
you running on the opt11?

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

It was originally in slot A, but I got the message that nothing could be found in slot B. So I moved it to slot B and now it says database could not be found. The documentation that was left for me says its 4.5.

ehidal1...if you have a labtop with a pcmcia slot
on it put the pcmcia card in your labtop and
click on mycomputer and on the pcmcia properties
and make sure the file system is FAT.i hope
you did not format the pcmcia card if you did
it is no longer going work to remove data from
the pcmcia card always delete the data the card
goes in the first slot of scc card then do edd in
ld 43.

strmwalker

ehidal1...are you trying to get the backup to the pcmcia
card?if so ld 43 you do edd after it is done you go
to ld 143 type in upgrade the go to utilities and
archive a database that will put the backup on the pcmcia
card.

strmwalker

strmwalker- thanks for all of the help. I just started at this job and I am trying to make sure the system is backing up properly in case of a crash. The guy before me didn't do any documetation and could not restore the system after a crash. So I am trying to put together some documentation...After all that- What I am trying to do is make sure that the system is backing up properly to the PCMCIA in case I need to restore. I am very strong on the MAC side, but still learning the maintenance. If you could help by giving me a restore procedure off of the PCMCIA in case of a crash, that would be really helpful. I did verify that the PCMCIA was FAT file format and there are files on it. Folders on the card: ARCH_DB, BOOTROM, DFLT_DB, P, U, ssc4_5 and files 2 DRAMOS, DRAMOSCC, and Readme. Thanks again!

ehidal1...you can archive and restore a database
in ld 143

strmwalker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back