Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option 11C and BCM50 - Unconventional CallPilot Setup 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

trmg

IS-IT--Management
Sep 23, 2007
US
I know the typical arrangement is that the Meridian serves as the voicemail host for MCDN'd BCM's, but I'm attempting to do the opposite.

In my lab I have an Opt 11C and BCM50 MCDN'd together via an SL-1 PRI. I have a CallPilot voicemail box on the BCM with a Meridian DN set. If I leave a voicemail in the box, the MWI on the Meridian set triggers (yay). However, I can't figure out how to 1) get the set to forward to the BCM's CallPilot, and 2) how to dial the BCM CallPilot from the Meridian.

Curious if anyone has tried this and if they were successful?

On the BCM system look for the messaging DN. It can be found in the BCM Monitor tool.
Or look under Applications in BCM Element Manager.

On the Option 11c system, just set the call forward on go answer to go to the BCM messaging DN.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

The interesting thing is that if I dial the messaging DN from the Opt 11c, it just rings out. I can see the call in BCM Monitor, but it seems to go nowhere. I suspect it may be ringing the prime set which is not within earshot of me currently, heh. From what I understand, if I just dial the number, it should give me the login prompt. Hmm...

You really need to be using the BCM Monitoring tool to find out what's going on.
In the screen shot below, you will see that this BCM system uses DN 7000 as the mail DN.

BCM_Monitor_Mail_DN_7000_wvtwpd.png

To trace any lines on the system select the line tab before making any calls to confirm that you are seeing your Messaging DN coming into the BCM system.

BCM_Line_Monitor_i9b2nl.png

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Yep, that's one of the tools I was using to troubleshoot.

However, with the help of a friend (phonebits here) we actually figured it out. I totally forgot about the whole "one BCM can host voicemail for another BCM". With some configuration tweaks (this does not *just work* as has been implied), the BCM's CallPilot will happily serve voicemail for M1 DNs!

1) Create Target Line with the private number set to the messaging DN (5999 in my case).
2) Associate the target line with an Auto Attendant, any table number as it does not matter.
3) Enable the following settings in CallPilot (Configuration > System Properties):
3a) Enable External Initialization
3b) Enable Redirect DN
3c) Enable Network Transfers

Some day I may add a CallPilot 201i or 202i to my "lab" Opt 11C, but for now this works beautifully!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back