Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option 11 vs 11C, What is this??

Status
Not open for further replies.

wgombar

Vendor
Jun 3, 2002
US
What has happened here in the Nortel arena since I went to training in 1992?

When I went through the database and installation class there wer only the Meridian 1 Options 11,21,51,61 and 71.
I remember when the 81 was added and I did get to work on them.

Now, fast forward 10 years, for the past 5 years I have been involved in C.O. buildouts and no PBX's, the Nortel world went whizzing by me. I understand that there are only 3 models out there now that are being sold, the 11C, 61C and 81C is this correct?

What does the "C" stand for? And what difference does it make on the system/programming itself? I beleive that the last software revision that I worked on was 19, considering that the first SL-1 that I worked on was release 5, What
are we up to now?

Do I need to go back to skool an gits edumacated agin???

C is for Core - basically the new processer cards. Nortel started using off the shelf processors, memory, cd roms, disk drives, etc. Most hardware changes have been in the CPU equipment. There are also a lot of new features. The basics are the same - I think you will catch on quick but you might want a feature class.

Since it's been 20 release since the last one you worked on, it would be a good idea to get re-certified. Not to mention the new applications thats come out since such as Pilot, ITG, Simpossium etc. You have quite a bit to catch up to so attending schools on these new upgrades will do you a whole world of good. Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back