Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option 11 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvandalen

Technical User
Oct 4, 2012
I just squired a Nortel Option 11 in two cabinets, it has a button memory but no hard drive. I connected my laptop to the SDI 0 on the back and booted the system several times and get pretty much the same... looking for a call device of some kind. The system appears to be a VOIP but I would not be opposed of using it a a Option 11 without VOIP. Is there some way to "break" the VOIP cycle and talk to the telephone software, loads 10 , 11 etc. My books are only to 1999 and this is 2006 or better. Thanks John
Parts List
NTDK91
NTDW60BBE5 slot 0 MGC
NTDW61BAE5 slot 1 CP-PM
NT8D14CB slot 2 8X universal trunk
NT8D09CA slot 3 Analog w/ MWI
NTDK16BA slot 4 48 DLC

NTDK92
NT8D02HA slot 7 Digital LC
NT8D02HA slot 8 Digital LC

What you have is a CS1000e housed within the Nortel Option 11 cabinet. It's going to be release 5.x onwards.

Access is via Serial port or IP. It's very different to what you were used to and the security is improved. You should consult a tech to visit and reset the accounts.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

I'm guessing the reason its stuck in a cycle is because you haven't connect it to a switch, as a minimum to get it to boot up you'll need to connect the E-LAN and T-LAN on the MGC Card and CP-PM Card to a switch. The inter-system communication is done via the E-LAN on these systems, not via the back plane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back