Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option 11 question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmedms

MIS
Aug 22, 2003
US
Paging is setup within all office locations and working great, but one of my group dial numbers to page all locations stopped working, I still can page each office individually. Can anyone point me to the correct LD to find out why extension 85# does not work anymore? Thank you.

Group dial is administered in LD 18, but there are several other ways to set this up, for instance using AC2 as an access code, or 8 may be an ACOD and 5 the digit used by the paging system to call all zones.

group call and page are 2 diff beast.. page usually refers to overhead.. group call to stations..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Sorry. Its overhead paging. We have numbers for each site (512# site 1 513# site 2 55# for both sites) as of today 55# stopped working.

Go to LD 21 and do an LTM
Check all your routes and see if there is one specified for paging.
print out that route and check the ACOD and see if it is a 5

Everyone thank you so much for all your help. Yes the ACOD on route 4 is set to 5. Any ideas why it would stop working? Do you know what LD the numbers are configured in so I can take a look at compare? Thanks again everyone.

What you are doing is accessing the route when you dial 5. The other digits are being accepted by the paging system which "routes" your call by the digits you dial to the correct zone. 5 is set up to dial all zones. As the individual paging zones are working, this leads me to believe the problem is in the paging side and not your PBX, your all zone paging is not working. This could be as simple a fix as cycling the power on your paging box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back