Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option 11 not booting up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calitech

Technical User
Jun 22, 2004
US
I ahve an option 11 system that wont boot up. Keeps giving me the same message when powered up:

SYS 0641 SYSL003B20 00320A 000734
SYS 0071 0735 FATAL

SYS 4461

PROBLEMS FOUND

Does this mean?
Do I have to replace the SCC card, Daughter board, etc?

have you tried a crtl i during the 1st stage of the boot process? i usually back all the cards except the ssc out. just to insure a killer card is not keeping my system down

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

It looks like the system database.rec is corrupt on the C: drive.
You could try to restart and with Ctrl-I, try to startup the system with the backup database on the Z: - utilities - restore from - back up.
Otherwise, if you have a backup you can try to send.
The worse case, I think you have the Flashboard "damaged" or corrupted, in this case i guess you need to Clrt-I and reinstall the software release and restore the backup.

I've checked out the 3 SYS messages & I agree with the comments made by John & Cmptsul01. The messages refer to the old Cartridge / Tape commands. It means that you have corruption.
You could try doing "Ctrl I" during the system boot up & when you get to the menu, select "3 Utilities" go to "1" then "1" again followed by "Y" yes to copy across the backup database files from your CPU. These files should be OK to use. Upon another system reboot, you maybe lucky in recovering your system.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

Useful Nortel forum at
If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back