Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option 11 Mini Remote and Paging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 16, 2005
US
We have a multi site environment using mini carrier remotes at our branch offices. We have overhead paging installed in all of our locations, but our switch is set up to use seperate paging zones for each location. How can we dial one number, i.e. 884, to make a page that hits our main site and all of our branches at the same time?

You can't do it with the phone system, you need to do it with the paging system. is the paging system able to page all zones?

If you are useing the mini carrier you could set them all into 1 route with 884 as the ACOD. Do you still want to be able to access a local page to each building or will it always be an all call?

An all call is what we're looking for. We have a multi-zone paging system, but how can we get the system to page local and remote zones simultaneously?

Is the current paging set up on different routes so that each remote, and main has it's own ACOD?

I'm not positive it will work but if it built as a PAG route you can try and put all the TN's in the same route. I'm just not certain if it will access the trunks at the same time now that I think about it. I would give it a shot. That would be the only thing I would try.

I'll try it as soon as I can. Thanks for the tip! We have a vendor who supports our phone system, great people, awesome work, but I can't believe there's not an easy way to get paging from a to b. Didn't Nortel ever think about people wanting to do this?

I'll post back with the results.

The paging system is not a nortel part. every thing depends on the paging system. here in my office we have 3 zones, if I want to page any zone I push the page button and when I get the Tone from the paging syatem (not a nortel system) I then enter a 1 digit code (1, 2, 3 or 4) for the zone I want to page, 1 is the code for all zone page, thats what you need.

I tried it here and it works like a regular trunk group. It will start at the last member and will only access one member at a time. I'll see if there is some way but according to the NTP's there is no such thing as an all call with paging, due to the fact it will sieze 1 member at a time. Sorry about that. How far apart are the buildings?

All zones should be part of the paging system, not the Nortel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back