Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option 11 meridian switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctd31

Technical User
May 6, 2014
US
I have an option 11 switch that automatically dials the switchboard when any phone has the handset knocked off the cradle. I have been ask to discuss how this is done in the program and I dont know, it has never given any problems. Can anyone point me to the command or location in the programming where this is done?

It's been a bit since I worked on a Meridian / CS1k but I think I can get you started in the direction.

Do a PRT in LD 10 or 11, depending on the type of extension it is. Check the CLS assignments and look for EHTA, EHTD, or MNL. Any 3 of these could control this feature.

Edit: You may need to do the printing from LD 20. Like I said, been quite a while.

THE feature is called Hot Line. if you search the documentation for Hot line or hotline you will find a way to enable and disable.
It can also be assigned to a dedicated button, but so can speed dial. In our hotel our guest facing phones have a mix of hot line or dial tone when you pick up the handset. ie semi public phones use hotline to dial attendant, guest room phones have dial tone. Does this help?

Nortel Meridian1
Version 2511
Release 25
Issue 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back