Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option 11 - Get Call history? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munzzzzzzz

Programmer
Jul 31, 2002
US
I believe we have a Nortel Meridian Option 11. We have a hardware device connected to a PC running Veramark to log all of our calls. However, that PC locked up and stopped polling the hardware device, and the hardware device apparently filled up and stopped recording call data.

We had a 911 call placed from our building this morning and are trying to figure out which extension it came from. Is there any way to view only recent call data directly through the phone system interface? I have only limited knowledge of the system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

No the PBX system do not store call informations, once the call is complete and user hung up the data is gone.

Ld 22
PRT
PHST
THat will print out all the history in the system (possibly a couple of days worth), scroll to the time and date and it will probably show it there, provided your options are set correctly in the system.

It is saying "FILE 0% FULL" and that's about it. I take it that means our options are not set correctly?

Sounds like your history file was not set up.

The history file in ld 22 would normally have 1 or 2 days worth(depends on call volume, could be more could be less) and would show your 911 call on there. Once that info is gone though the PBX does not store it beyond that file.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

I looked into LD 22 a little more and see that AHST will show "All history file" while PHST will show "All history records since last request". I had already run an AHST, so that explains why I didn't get anything with the PHST. However, I didn't see any call data when I ran the AHST. I see general status info and timestamps, but no call data. Am I missing something?

You will not see all call data. THe version of software in the PBX will determine a lot of what you will get back. go to LD 22 then enter ISS and post here what the reply is.

VERSION 2911
RELEASE 25
ISSUE 40 + MDCS01 NA00

I am pretty sure it was not automatically set up on that release. You would have to have the right packages and the right settings to get where you need to be. Of course even after doing this it will not show you the 911 from this morning......
Getting your call logging working again seems to be the answer here and write off the 911 call search this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back