Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option 11 ELAN setup for SCCS 5.0 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigaic

Technical User
Feb 8, 2006
GH
I am setting up an SCCS 5.0 to manage ACD in a small call centre. Currently callpilot is being used for the welcome message with the raw ACD. The ELAN 16 (ASID 16) is set up for callpilot and hence you only get callpilot entry when you type STAT ELAN (LD 48) as follows:

ELAN #: 016 DES: CALLPILOT

APPL_IP_ID: 192 .168 .1 .2 LYR7: ACTIVE EMPTY APPL ACTIVE

I may still require the CALLPILOT, so how do I set up the Option 11 system to recognise symposium on the ELAN and still have the CallPilot?

Please help.

Thanks
George

You'll need to set up a second ELAN for Symposium. Just like the CallPilot, but be sure to answer YES to the SECU prompt.

It used to be that Symposium needed to be on ELAN 16. That isn't really an issue anymore, but do keep in mind that in the event of a sysload, you could end up with CallPilot on 17. So, I suggest that you configure both ELANs for SECU=YES, and change the DES to something more generic (so you won't be confused if/when that happens).

If you are going to use Symposium-CallPilot integration, things can get a bit more complex. But, everything you'll need to know about the general setup or the integration is covered in the Voice Processing Guide in the Symposium NTPs. Let us know if you get stuck. [shadeshappy]

i got mine working on symposium 6.0 (no callpilot) on elan 16 without problem..

Yes, the question was, what to do when another application using an elan is already in place.

[morning]

Hi Sandyml,

Thanks for your input, but can I set up say ELAN 17 with VAS (VSID 17)? Or do I have to set up another ELAN 16 with a different VSID (say 17)? Will the system allow another ELAN 16?

Thanks
George

Hi Sandyml,

I really appreciate your help. Your tips on setting up another ELAN and giving them generic names as well as the tips on VSID was very helpful and I have been able to complete the greater part of the job. I will have to work on the integration of SCCS and CallPilot for my recorded announcements.

Thanks so much.
George

You are quite welcome.

If you need help with the integration, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back