Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option 11 - dialing restrictions 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

listhist

MIS
Feb 26, 2004
CA
I'm an Avaya administrator and I'm confused about how the station restrictions work in option 11.

TGAR x
NCOS x
CLS unr ctd fre

Does station level restrictions involve all of the above fields?

Is there a print that tells me what the NCOS and TGAR values (x) represent.

thanks

cls unr = unrestricted..

barring can be quite complex on the m1

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

There are many things to consider and more than 1 way to restrict calls on a Meridian. It can use ncos tgar cls and frl I suggest you call a Meridian tech that has done this for a while before you create 1 heck of a mess with your bars.

To find out what NCOS restrictions you have set up:

ld 87/prt/nctl - see what the NCOS/FRL relation is

LD 86/prt/rlb - see what RLIs have what FRLs assigned

LD 90/prt/npa and nxx and spn - to see what dialing pattern is assigned to RLI.

This will tell you that by dialing xxx number you must have an NCOS of xx or higher

reusser, if he has no prior experience with bars you are asking for a lot of trouble. Your advice was correct but that is because I already know Meridian. No offense but giving that info to an amateur in Nortel is trouble.

M1T1:As long as said amateur posts follow-up questions before changing anything, all should be right with the world.

listhist: The easiest way for a newbie to restrict a phone a certain way is to print a TN that acts the correct way and use it's NCOS, TGAR, and CLS functions. After doing that and viewing the information listed in the previous posts, you should come to a greater understanding of how restrictions in the M1 work.

Here's where I first learned the basics of BARS:

Arch

------
Site Surveys
SourceBooks
Security Audits
Traffic Studies
Remote PBX Backups

Thanks ARCHI, great help!

M1T1... relax. 17 years in telecom, not quite a newbie. I wish Nortel made it a little easier, they could learn a few things from Avaya!

Thanks again.

t

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back