Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option 11 DC power supply dying

Status
Not open for further replies.

motox2

Programmer
Jun 21, 2007
GY
Hey all, I recently installed a new battery system for my Option 11 (25.40) system. Prior to replacing the batteries since they were 10+ years old, I discovered that my cabinet 2 keeps getting BSD090 errors at least once or twice per day. Of course im never here when it decides to fail of course so I cant tell what is going on. Is there a way to invoke a test on the DC power supply in cabinet 2 to try and simulate this problem?

Is cabinet 2 connected via a fibre cable?. If so, then my guess is that it's the fibre cable or a loose connection at the SSC or fibre receiver card end.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

would a loose fiber cause a power disruption though? reason I ask is because im getting an alarm on my Puleo monitor indicating a power loss.

Yes, but it is a little misleading!. I have found two fault reports that should give you a clue

Problem description
opt 11 e (opt11e) bsd090 batt messages , min alarm .

Solution
when opt11e is installed with a fibre link and no standby power there is nowhere to connect the cable for standby power if no batts are reqd , so system is looking for power from batts.

Release 3 versions or earlier of the Fibre I/F Units could be troublesome.
MFI (NTBK54AB) should be rlse 6 or later, and EFI (NTBK55AB) rel 10 or later.

##################################################

Problem description
BSD090 relating to expansion cabinet on option 11C

Solution
Sets disabling in expansion cabinet.

BSD090 Expansion Cabinet 1 - PWR BATT

BSD090 Expansion Cabinet 1 - PWR OK BATT OK

Replace the NTAK78AA 10 meter plastic fiber cable. Temporary workaround could be to unroll the cable
from the fiber receiver card spool so that the cable is somewhat straight.

I hope this helps?

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back