Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option 11 Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrismec

Programmer
Mar 12, 2018
US
Hello, we have batteries on all our option 11 cabinets and I'm looking to get some information on them. There are four 12V 35AH batteries in a metal case on the floor. Each battery is connected to a harness that plugs into the case. There is test points and a breaker, and the batteries plug directly into the bottom of the 11c power supply.

Are these batteries charged by the Option 11c cabinet?
Are there tests available via terminal? Perhaps voltage display, load test... Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

yes the batteries are trickle charged by the option 11 PSU (as long as their plugged in to it). I think from the top of my head the batteries need to be changed every 3 or 4 years & no I'm not aware of any tests via the terminal.

Take the lid/ cover off of the battery box hopefully the batteries have a date on them.

Remember if it doesn't work hit it harder

Scott UK

Changing them is definitely on the list, they are about ten years old and the dead! Thanks for the info phones1 : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back