Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Option 11 backup to PCMCIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

etexas46

Technical User
Dec 5, 2006
US
Hello,
I have been reading some posts on how to backup the Option 11 database. On a G3 Avaya we just pop out the flash memory card and do a "save trans" with the backup flash card installed. When completed- it's done. I am reading about downloading to a PC , etc... don't want to do that if I don't have to.
If we install a PCMCIA type flash card into the SSC card on the Option 11 and do a LD 43 ( edd ) does this not accomplish the same thing ? Also - anyone have a part number for the PCMCIA card ( something we can buy at a office max or something like that )

Thanks in advance

yes an edd or bko will write the database to the pcmcia if it is in the correct slot, A I believe is the correct slot. I prefer doing a database archive in ld 143 so I get the installed patches

Thanks,

Buddy

Linked in Profile

Buddy- thanks for the info - which is slot A ( the top ? ) is it marked on the SSC card ? Also is a PCMCIA card always the same - so if I went to an office max and asked for one would they all be the same storage size ? Which is needed for this operation ?

Oh why does Nortel have to make everything complicated. Sorry but I have more questions. I want to do these backups dialed in thru an SEB modem with a tech onsite to plug in the PCMCIA card. Does this mean I still use slot A or because I may not be TTY 0 or should I use slot B with a BKO command in LD 43 ? Or does it not matter ?

I think I may have misspoken, I believe slot A is for loading software and slot B is for backups, if the card is vertical put the PCMCIA in the right hand slot. You will have to go to LD 143 and type UPGRADE and hit enter, go to the utilities menu and perfrom a data base archive

Thanks,

Buddy

Linked in Profile

Hi Guys and Gals- OK here is my plan- tell me if this won't work-
I will buy a PCMCIA adapter card and the "little" square 512MB Sandisk flash memory cards ( a couple for offsite database storage ) so I plug the adapter card and the flash card in slot B ( right hand side if side by side )of the SSC. Then using tty 0 ( either local terminal or remote modem if tty 0 ) , log into LD 143, Upgrade, and follow the menu to database archive. When complete I pop in another flash card and do the same. When complete I leave the adapter in the SSC card ( for future use ).

Since several sites are not using tty 0 for the remote modem is there another way other than having the tech use a laptop or local terminal ( if available ) ? My preference is to only do a backup to flash memory cards......using modem connection.

Thanks !

FYI- the procedure outlined above worked OK except for the one thing- the Option 11 wanted us to use slot A ( left side ) for the PCMCIA adapter / Sandisk 512meg flash card. Using LD 143's menu driven procedure if it was in slot B the system did not see the card being present. Luckily we had a working terminal onsite that was TTY 0 and did not have to chase cables or break out the laptop :)

Thanks to all for your help.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back